In April 2019, French director Anne Berelowitch from European Theater Lab instant MIX (multicultural innovative exchanges) will be directing a revised multilingual version of Moliere’s La Bourgeois Gentilhomme, with 10+ actors from the Pozorište Mladih ensemble in Novi Sad. The show will include new musical scores and choreographies, combining echoes of the original performance in Versailles and contemporary multicultural references.
Mrs Berelowitch would be happy to involve young set designers from Scen in the conception and construction of the scenography. She would expect them to respond in creative and innovative ways to the challenge of making the show true to the spirit of Molière as well as completely relevant in the current Serbian/ European context.
The call is open for students of third and fourth year of undergraduate studies, MA and PhD scene design programs, as well for those young designers who recently graduated at Scen.
If you would like to hear more about this project, and possibly get involved in the process, please contact Scen project coordinator & set design mentor Romana Bošković Živanović via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First information session before October 20;
- Open call closes on October 20;
- 1 or 2 Brainstorming sessions in November;
- First rough drafts of projects should be ready by Dec 15;
- Work meeting with Mrs Berelowitchin December;
- Construction should start early in March and adjustments made during the rehearsal period until April 10;
Opening night April 20.